Thursday 2 April 2015

My World

When I wake up wondering what the day holds... Sunrise over Hawke's Bay photograph
When I wake up wondering what the day holds...
Sunrise over Hawke's Bay, hope for the day ahead
A 5x-weekly photograph from around Hawke's Bay J
duncan brown photography

Update:
 After a comment on another forum that my post was kinda "kitsch", let me add some background:

As I drove to work that morning, much earlier than my usual time, my eye was caught by the beauty of the sunrise and my instant reaction was "Good morning Father." Not addressed to the sunrise for I'm not a sun-worshipper, but to the awesome God who displays his glory in creation yet takes an intense interest in my daily life. 

Maybe it would have been less kitsch to quote a scripture: 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23 English Standard Version (ESV).
 Sometimes life really sucks, but most mornings as I leave the house, I have a standard saying, "Who knows what exciting things are going to happen today." I have to live in hope of better things.

No comments:

Post a Comment