Monday 25 May 2015

Moving Pictures

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

 My role and function at Hawke's Bay Today is forever changing, and this week marks the introduction of Duncan Brown as videographer, both shooting the footage and doing the post-production. A lot of times I expect we'll upload just the footage, but while I was teaching myself to use the editing software, I created the following mix of video and stills.

 My choice of video from a week's work at Hawke's Bay Today  J

Sounds Air, an aviation company based in Marlborough, is planning a direct service between Napier and Blenheim starting early August. photograph
Napier test-flight for Sounds Air
Sounds Air, an aviation company based in Marlborough, is planning a direct service between Napier and Blenheim starting early August.

(Video autostarts after the break, may take a little time to load)


It's still a bit rough but I expect to have some fun learning new tricks. Takes me back 33 years when I ran a movie-making club at Dannevirke High School. Back when splicing tape meant just that - physically cutting and gluing Standard 8mm film, before preparing a soundtrack, and sending them both off to Wellington to be joined. I guess I've gone full circle   J

No comments:

Post a Comment