Sunday 5 July 2015

Living the Dream

"Do it again jobs and better jobs (from FB this week!):

Hi! So I saw your post about the job testimony on Monday. I've been waiting since November (6 months) for the job I had been hoping for to come through. I had been told that this job would be mine any minute and I should be ready at any second to pack up my life and leave. (It was in another country)

So I did. I quit my previous jobs, I sold my stuff and I was ready to go. But obstacle after obstacle seemed to arise. And more than anything, my family and friends were not excited about it even though I was. Yet, I kept believing and hoping for it. This last Sunday, I finally gave in. Or, I should say, I gave up. I surrendered everything one last time to God - this time with my whole heart.

The next morning I woke up and first thing I did was check my Facebook as I usually do. I saw your post. Read it, thought it was cool. After that post on my newsfeed, a friend of mine had posted that there was a job opening with the company she is currently working at. Still bleary-eyed and half asleep, I sent her an inbox message immediately saying "please, I'm desperately looking for a job in this line of work!"

She told me to send in my resume, so I did. A Skype interview with her boss was set up for Thursday. On Wednesday, the day before my interview, I received news that the job I had been holding out for for 6 months was no longer available. On Thursday I had the interview with the new job opportunity, and I was offered the job immediately at the end of the interview. I accepted.

Because, as it turns out, this new job is not only what I was looking for, but it offers better salary, benefits, opportunity for promotion and growth, and is in a far better location (still overseas) than the previous job I had wanted. And most importantly to me: when I mentioned to my friends and family that i had this interview, everyone without exception was excited for me and said they felt peace and God's blessing on it. So thrilled and..."

Living the Dream, a series of true and verified stories of real people who have encountered God for themselves and have learnt to apply His principles in their normal everyday world, sourced from Dream Culture: Bringing your Dreams to Life

No comments:

Post a Comment