Friday 15 June 2012

BFF

 Best Friends Forever!

A long time ago, before the days of the computer, when LOL meant "Lots of Love" and a blog was a mis-pronounced swamp, I found myself sitting at my desk, pondering the question of life, and feeling very much alone. I was in a very dark place!

But then I heard His voice, and with the help of just my single-note trumpet, I wrote this song.
When your friends seem to let you down
And it seems nobody cares
And the loneliness inside you
Came and caught you unawares

And you want to find the answer
You need to find a friend
You long to know somebody
That will love you to the end...

I am a Friend who is always with you
I am a friend who is ever near
When you are crying, I'm right beside you
To wipe away your tear

So turn your eyes and look to me
Don't try to go alone
I'll lead the way, come follow me
And I will lead you home...

I am a Friend who is always with you
I am a friend who is ever near
Reach out to me and you know I'll answer
I am always here.
And as I wrote, I felt his arms wrap around my soul, and his voice whisper in my mind, "I will never let you go..."

And somehow, then as it does still, it made a difference... BFF

No comments:

Post a Comment