Sunday 16 August 2015

Living the Dream

"God Cares About EVERYTHING… "I got my stuff back" testimony:

"Was on a business trip in Dallas yesterday. In the morning I got up and read the email you sent out with the testimony from the lady who lost her wedding ring. I was so struck when she couldn’t find her ring and then she thought “God can make it materialize anywhere” and then boom! She finds it in her coat pocket! I absolutely believe He does that. How good is our father?!

After I checked out of my hotel room I stopped in the lobby to get a cup of coffee. When I sat down I realized I couldn’t find my sun glasses. Not a huge deal but I was upset with myself because I have an attachment to these for a particular reason. I searched my bag, my briefcase and the pockets of my sport coat thoroughly and they were not to be found. I checked my coat and bags a few more times just to be sure because I didn’t want to go back up to my room only to find I had them all along. I then went back up to the room and still…no sun glasses.

At that point I decided to move on, irritated with myself for losing another perfectly good item yet again. As I was in the cab on the way to my meeting (trying not to beat myself up about my poor stewardship) I remembered the testimony of the lady who lost her wedding ring. I thought “why wouldn’t I ask him to do that for my sunglasses?” and so I prayed “God, if you can do that for a ring then you can do that for a pair of sun glasses”.

With butterflies in my stomach I reached over to my left where my sport coat was laid over my bag and stuck my hand into the first pocket I could get to and boom!.. There they were! I was amazed, blown away and so blessed! Are you kidding me!? He just DID that!

Just a goofy pair of sunglasses? Maybe, but just like the birds of the air, the lilies in the field and the hairs on my head He cared. If He cares about the small things in my life how much more the big things? Thank you Abba.

Patrick McDonald, San Francisco, USA (August 2015)"

Living the Dream, a series of true and verified stories of real people who have encountered God for themselves and have learnt to apply His principles in their normal everyday world, sourced from Dream Culture: Bringing your Dreams to Life

No comments:

Post a Comment